Head and Neck cancers are referred to as squamous cell carcinomas that start in the squamous cells that line the mouth, nose, and throat. . They are collectively known as head and neck cancers.
Head and neck cancers can also begin in the oral cavity, nasal cavity, throat, larynx or voice box, paranasal sinuses, and salivary glands. Cancers of the brain, the eye, the esophagus or the food pipe, the thyroid gland, and the skin of the head and neck; however, do not constitute head and neck cancers.
Ayurvedic treatment for cancer aims at addressing the root-cause diagnosis of the disease. The Ayurvedic treatment procedure involves detoxification of the entire body. Detoxification is a process that includes purifying the blood to enable the medications to work better towards treating and eliminating the actual root cause of the disease. Ayurvedic treatment procedures focus on symptom management and address the root cause of the ailment.
Head and neck cancer includes
- Oral cavity: lips, tongue, gums, the lining of the cheeks, lips, bottom and top of the mouth, and behind the wisdom teeth.
- Salivary glands: The saliva produced keeps your mouth and throat moist. The main glands lie at the bottom of the mouth and close to the jawbone.
- Sinuses: Small hollow spaces in the bones near the nose.
- Nasal cavity is the hollow area lying inside the nose.
- Throat or pharynx.
- Voice box or larynx.
- Lymph nodes are present on the upper part of the neck.
Symptoms and Causes of Head And Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer symptoms are generally mild and initially result in less serious conditions; hence, making diagnosis difficult.
The symptoms include:
- Mouth or tongue sore that does not easily heal.
- White or red patches are formed on the tongue, gums, or mouth lining.
- Persistent sore throat and neck pain.
- Voice hoarseness.
- Jaw, neck, or swelling on the side of the face causing a poor fit of dentures.
- Frequent sinus infections unresponsive to antibiotics use.
- Frequent headaches and earaches.
- Upper teeth or upper jaw pain.
- Nose or mouth bleeding, or blood in the saliva.
- Having trouble swallowing.
- Having difficulty in speaking or breathing.
Any of the above symptoms would seek immediate medical intervention. Even signs of less serious conditions would need a thorough evaluation and examination to determine the cause and arrive at a proper diagnosis. Rasayana medications help in rejuvenating the body cells and tissues with antioxidant and cytoprotective properties. Head and neck cancers are regarded as complicated conditions. Cancer is an ailment that spreads beyond control, affecting the body cells, thereby, and further spreading to the site where a particular organ is located. This furthermore results in fatal growth and spread to surrounding cells and tissues.
The groups of surrounding infected cancer cells get accumulated and produce swelling at the site. The surrounding cells and tissues are also affected if the toxins are not eliminated, as the infected cancer cells will be circulated to other parts of the body through the bloodstream.
Head and Neck Cancers treatment in Ayurveda works on improving the quality of life of the patient through rejuvenation and helping build the body’s immunity. They help restore the right rhythm that is important to reverse the cancer cell multiplication tendency; thereby, reducing the risk of resistance or further progression of the disease.
Rasayanas are a unique set of medications Ayurveda has conceived. It promotes lifestyle changes and emotional wellbeing to lead a healthy life free from ailments. Rasayana therapy helps improve the quality of life and increases the overall survival by restoring their rhythm of life to coexist well with the surrounding tissues.
Varunadi Ghritha has been traditionally used by Ayurvedic physicians for the management and treatment of both benign and malignant head and neck cancers.
In Ayurveda, Varunadi Ghritha is generally recommended for the prevention of recurrence of cancers.
We at HLC Ayurveda and Nature Cure Hospital in Bangalore aim to work towards eliminating head and neck cancer, and increasing overall survival using our comprehensive, natural patient care approach, research and prevention therapies.